Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Small Half Life 2 Question  (Read 3789 times)

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Small Half Life 2 Question
    « on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:53 AM »
     Well,  i'm not much of a gamer,  but i finlly purchased half life 2 last night,  and i just noticed this little error that is constantly occuring.  on the right of my screen,  there is a little box that apparently displays my ammunition counter,  (during gameplay of course)   This box is on the middle right of my screen,  and is cut off,  like half the box is missing,  all i see is the top of the number,  and the top outline of a box.     In all the screens i've ever seen of the gameplay,  this ammunition counter is located on the bottum right,   not the middle right,  and is obviously a complete box.        any one heard of such a thing,  and/or know how to fix it.    :-?

thanks,
       Doomsayer

GX1_Man

Re: Small Half Life 2 Question
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 03:52:31 PM »
    Check the game site for patches and make sure you have the latest appropriate drivers for your card, which is a ____?

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 08:11:18 AM »
      OH yeah!!   haha,   my system is :

Intel D915GAV motherboard
      Intel P4 3.0 GHz  HT
      ATI Radeon 512MB X1600 Pro
      1 GB kingston Valueram memory DDR 400 (2 x 512)
      Windows XP Home editioin SP2

doesn't  Steam  give you all the updates/patches,  (it's that security program that you have to go though to play HL 2)  It says that HL 2 is  "100% ready"  which after about 15 minutes it took to get at 100% of downloading at  600 kb/s  i would say i have all the updates.

and i do have all the driver updates and am running the latest version of catalyst and all that.    ( i did it right too,  cuz i followed instructions given by some of the wonderful people here at CH   ;) )

So,  at first,  i started playing on my 17"  which is a 1280x1024 resolution,  and the game was set to 1024x768 (to give me video card a break i guess)   and then i realized that those two resolutions are not proportionate,  so that could be causing it,  so i switched to my other monitor that is 1024x768,   and the problem was still there.     so that's why i came here,  if it was something as simple as a driver update or patch,  i would have not bugged you.

SO,  i am running dual monitors off of that ATI,  so when i say i switched monitors, i mean i set the other to primary, so the game would play off of that one.   but could the dual monitor thing be affecting my game play?  usually  games are fine,  and you just can't move the mouse over to the secondary,   which seems to be the case here,  but  i could be wrong

Thanks again

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 08:11:45 AM by Doomsayer »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »
      Each game has it's own intricacies.