Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows vista is being stupid  (Read 13623 times)

sam510

windows vista is being stupid
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:49:41 PM »
ok i just installed windows vista yesterday and it was really nice. i loved the grapics. but the problem is that i cant personalize it or go in the properties in mycomputer. it worked the first time then after it didnt. can anybody help me?

GX1_Man

Re: windows vista is being stupid
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 03:57:59 PM »
Remember it is a beta product.  ;)

sam510

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »
do u know when the real release is?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »
Spring next year they are saying now, but who knows.

Out of curiosity, why are the reasons you are wanting to run Vista? I mean, what will you be able to do (apart from the eye candy) that you are not able to do now? What current programs will run better on it, and what new programs do you anticipate needing?

sam510

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:04:53 PM »
Spring next year they are saying now, but who knows.

Out of curiosity, why are the reasons you are wanting to run Vista? I mean, what will you be able to do (apart from the eye candy) that you are not able to do now? What current programs will run better on it, and what new programs do you anticipate needing?

oh well i wanted to run vista cuz i mostly wanted some change. media center got boring for me. and the thing the caught me eye was the graphix. there so nice. it way diffrent from windows xp. the folder icon is better cuz it actually shows the folder open a little and some of the programs in it. the thing i hate about it is it uses alot of system resources. and the graphics really slow me down because i only got a 64mb graphics card. they just gave it more detail. its awesome but i hate the bugs

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 06:13:33 PM »
So, grasshopper, have you learned the wisdom of the mouse who was so impatient to get the cheese that he failed to see the cat waiting to pounce?  Can you not now see that one cannot climb so far out on the cutting edge of technology without bleeding?  

;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:48:08 PM by pcdoc4christ »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »
According to MS your system might be a little shy on horsepower for Vista...

A new PC that carries the Windows Vista Capable PC logo can run Windows Vista. All editions of Windows Vista will deliver core experiences such as innovations in organizing and finding information, security, and reliability. All Windows Vista Capable PCs will run these core experiences at a minimum. Some features available in the premium editions of Windows Vista—like the new Windows Aero user experience—may require advanced or additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:

* A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
* 512 MB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs

To get an even better Windows Vista experience, including the Windows Aero user experience, ask for a Capable PC that is designated Premium Ready, or choose a PC that meets or exceeds the Premium Ready requirements described below. Features available in specific premium editions of Windows Vista, such as the ability to watch and record live TV, may require additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:

* 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
* 1 GB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero2.
* 128 MB of graphics memory.
* 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
* DVD-ROM Drive3.
* Audio output capability.
* Internet access capability.

You can read all of the Windows Vista Capable footnotes here.
You can review the Windows Vista Minimum Supported System Requirements here.

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »
Good observation, Patio.

8-)

Oober_Noober

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 01:48:25 PM »
oh well i wanted to run vista cuz i mostly wanted some change.

www.linux.org

--Oob