Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics Issues  (Read 2410 times)

JustTheTone

Graphics Issues
« on: August 05, 2006, 08:16:34 PM »
the story is pretty long, but I will keep it short. I just put in a new graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 6800 Xtreme) in my computer. When I run World of Warcraft the graphics are HORRIBLE. The movement is very choppy and I've tried everything I know to do. New drivers, lowering the quality of the card for better performance, and a ton of other things. My synaps have quit firing at this point and I'm very very frustrated. Anyone here have any ideas?

GX1_Man

Re: Graphics Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
Did you remove the previous video drivers first? What kind of card was in there?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 08:25:34 PM by GX1_Man »

JustTheTone

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 07:03:09 AM »
There was no video card. The computer belong to an old lady and she left it at my cousins computer shop when the motherboard burned out. He replaced that and put more ram in it and voila! new computer for me. I've even lowered the graphics settings in the game and it's still crappy. [/wits]

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 07:18:29 AM »
What are ALL the specifics of the machine? We have nothing to work with except a graphics card. It seems likely that there are other issues. See below.

JustTheTone

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 07:35:44 AM »
I was just told that there may be an onboard graphics processor that needs to be disabled. How do you do that?

and I'm not sure about all the specs. I know the new motherboard is an Asus and that it's a Celeron processor. I'm not that literate though so the rest I'm not sure about.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 07:45:40 AM »
Go into the BIOS and there will be options for disabling onboard video. WHere it is depends on the specific motherboard or manufacturer.

Download and run Everest Home at the link below and have it make a report. You can post it here and look through it. It will tell tell you virtually everything you will ever need to know about the components. Print it out as well.  ;)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

JustTheTone

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 07:54:28 AM »
Thanks. Now I know everything there is to know about my computer...although I can read it, it might as well be written in Japanese for all the sense it makes. The program says that the onboard graphics processor is disabled so there goes that theory.

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 08:17:53 AM »
Feel free to post it here for comments. It may take a couple of posts to get it all.

JustTheTone

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 11:02:58 AM »
I think we have cornered the problem. The card requires a 500 watt power supply and this computer only came with a 200 watt power supply. How expensive is that?

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »
    Yours using a 6800 witha 200W PSU ???  :o

Anything above 50$ should be fine, just know that it is whats keeping ur hardware alive.
    That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!