Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Is liquid cooling worth it?

Yes
4 (57.1%)
No
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Liquid Cooled Setup  (Read 2488 times)

ZealEmpire

Liquid Cooled Setup
« on: August 05, 2006, 09:13:45 AM »
I have spent the last couple days doing research and trying to understand everything about the liquid cooling systems for computers.  I was just wondering if anyone on here has one setup?  If so do you run into alot of headaches or regrets with it?  I do alot of gaming on my rig right now and I have been looking to build up a new computer in the comming months.  I do have my eye on a Lian Li case which comes liquid cooled ready just no water blocks and pumps.  The case is aluminum of course.  I dont know I am just up in the air on this.  If you guys can give me some input on liquid cooled setups please do.  Thank you :)

pcdoc4christ

Re: Liquid Cooled Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »
I think i'll wait till i can afford central air conditioning for my home before i splurge on cooling my PC this way!

::)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:37:29 PM by pcdoc4christ »

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
Liquid and electronics seems like a bad combo to me.  ;)

ZealEmpire

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »
Im kind of surprised nobody on here is mentioning if they have it.  I figured it would be big on this board lol.  Ah well a little more research and I will make a decision I suppose.

sealbee

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 10:05:52 AM »
I don't have it and don't know of anybody who does have it. I go along with GX1_Man, with my luck it would leak, and could just see me trying to explain to my wife what happened! :-[

ZealEmpire

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 11:38:26 AM »
Actually the only part you would have to really worry about the leaking might be the radiator.  The case I found has one built into the top of the tower (molded in with two fans on top of it)  Bah hang on let me just get the link for you guys :D http://www.xoxide.com/koolance-pc3-426bk-case-black.html  The water doesnt actually interact with the actual cpu,ram etc.  More so it is just hoses comming off of the radiator and connecting to water blocking units that surround your graphics cards, cpu's, ram , even harddrive.  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:39:09 AM by ZealEmpire »