Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Help for autoexec.bat on windows 98  (Read 14381 times)

lwhshelp

Need Help for autoexec.bat on windows 98
« on: September 09, 2004, 06:48:34 PM »
in windows 98I have the following problem:

I set the path in autoexec.bat  on windows 98, now it says windows cannot load. I need set path the old path. How can I do that since windows does not load. Is there any way I can do this on dos prommt command.

Please help

Someone had this problem before?

Thanks,

2k dummy

Re: Need Help for autoexec.bat on windows 98
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 09:34:04 PM »
Your path should look something like this:

PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\WIN98RK;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND

You can add additional directories to the path if needed. It can be entered at the DOS prompt. You should either remove the path statement from autoexec or make it look like this.

me

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 05:34:46 PM »
Thanks for the answer.  I know path needs to look like the way you wrote, however I do not know how to make changes on DOS since windows does not load. I would be able to do it if windows loads.

Please, please I need solve this problem ASAP, help....help....help..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'( :'(

2k dummy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 11:43:02 PM »
Copy and paste the above path statement at the DOS prompt. Press enter. At the prompt type cd\windows and press enter. Type win and press enter.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 04:16:21 PM »
Autoexec.bat (and config.sys) are not required to boot Win98.  When computer is started, keep tapping F8, when menu comes up, select Safe Mode.