Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver Agent Not Needed  (Read 414883 times)

GX1_Man

Driver Agent Not Needed
« on: August 12, 2006, 06:00:51 PM »
For anyone considering Driver Agent as a solution, I advise you to "just say no". I investigated after others had posted a link to their "results" and found that 37% of my drivers were "Bad" per their scan on a freshly formatted Win2K installation with ALL drivers updated through the manufacturer's directly. The cost to fix all of my "problems" was a mere $29.95. The machine was functioning fine, of course, also.

THIS IS A RIP OFF AND I DON'T ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO USE IT!

Any drivers, if needed, can be readily found on the net, as seen here:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,24560.msg513813.html#msg513813
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:42:07 AM by Carbon Dudeoxide »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Driver Agent Not Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 10:53:10 AM »
Great Info  that needed saying...

There are BIOS upgraders that use the same tactics....

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:58:03 AM »
I suggest this as a sticky in the Drivers Forum...

patio.   8-)

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 11:02:35 AM »
I shall, but unfortunately I think they advertise here and in other computer forums. Also unfortunately, it is owned by Touchstone who also owns Check-It and other programs.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »
Well i certainly wouldn't want to offend any advertisers or supporters of the Forum.

So i'll say no more.

patio.   8-)

bukti

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 11:55:17 PM »
I paid for a subscription in June 08 ,it's now end July08 ,have sent 6 e-mails plus one letter to USA address ,and still have had no service or even an answer to any one of my messages to them,explaining why my money  has not gotten me anything.
Keep well clear of this rort

Derek

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »
    Much as I suspected. As my AVG picked up a Trojan within their download - it got promptly dumped.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »
    Never pay for anything what can be found for free. Simple.

STROSS

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 08:29:44 AM »
    I agree that it is Ripp Off and I personaly prefer software called DriverMax!
    There was no drivers I couldn't download from there!
    And it is completely FREE!!!

Sylver Cheetah 53

Rookie
      « Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 04:15:36 AM »
      I also tryed Driver agent. They only want to get our money. They are good for nothing.
      Free your mind!

kinglyevergreen

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 05:19:06 PM »
      I read most of the posts and I can only agree. Driver Agent cheated and ripped me off too.

DRIVER AGENT AS WELL AS BIOS AGENT IS WORTHLESS SIMPLY *censored*!

MasterChiefRed

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 08:38:06 AM »
        I also tryed Driver agent. They only want to get our money. They are good for nothing.

I use DriverAgent as a technician and it saves me a lot of time.  Lets be honest, if you know what a driver is and are experienced in computers you can probably find everything that you need for free.

I had a white box system come into my shop the other day.  New install of XP and wouldn't you know it didn't have the drivers for about 4 devices and did not recognize the devices (VGA Display Adapter, Network Controller, Etc.).  I did a quick scan on DriverAgent and it automatically detected exactly what the hardware was.

Don't bash on it because you are cheap and want everything in life for free.  For some of us out there the $29.95 is money well spent.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 08:48:10 AM »
        Don't bash on it because you are cheap and want everything in life for free.  For some of us out there the $29.95 is money well spent.

Why buy this rip-off when you can get it your drivers for free?

I'm pretty sure you could have found the hardware if you looked hard enough.

Best chance on finding drivers for an unknown device would be to go to the computer manufacturers website, locating the specific computer model, and downloading drivers.

MasterChiefRed

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:24:16 AM »

Why buy this rip-off when you can get it your drivers for free?

I'm pretty sure you could have found the hardware if you looked hard enough.

Best chance on finding drivers for an unknown device would be to go to the computer manufacturers website, locating the specific computer model, and downloading drivers.

Do you have a better way that you would recommend for identifying and locating drivers on a white box system?  Not every computer is going to be from an OEM.  Additionally not every piece of hardware will be on-board and identifiable from within windows.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
          Do you have a better way that you would recommend for identifying and locating drivers on a white box system?  Not every computer is going to be from an OEM.  Additionally not every piece of hardware will be on-board and identifiable from within windows.

If your computer is custom built (white box), you can still locate, identify, and install the drivers through Windows.
          Chances are Device Manager will help you through this but if you are looking for detailed information about the exact piece of hardware you are installing, that is what free programs such as Everest Home are for.

Additionally not every piece of hardware will be on-board and identifiable from within windows.
          If you cannot identify the hardware in Windows, how would additional software help?
          Heck, if you post the Everest Summary, we will help you locate the drivers.

Attaching new software is almost like attaching a Flash Drive. Windows will know its there.