Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook 2002 Help  (Read 2774 times)

Kandi_Kane

Microsoft Outlook 2002 Help
« on: August 14, 2006, 09:05:45 AM »
New User...I am in the process of sending an email to someone...I need to type the same email daily to one specifice person...Im keeping track of some data that they need to receive..how to i send an email to the same person daily, with the Subject being the same all the time?  Without having to type in the same information over an over again to this same individual? :( Thanks.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2002 Help
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:11:41 AM »
Why not type your basic content into a Word file and then copy and paste from Word to Outlook when you send your daily message?

Kandi_Kane

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:02:23 AM »
I understand what you are saying but the problem is that is the subject line that needs to remain the same and the same person...I usually copy and paste the data that I need from Access...i need this person to receive the email with the same subject topic in the email. :-*

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:50:17 AM »
    Go to your Sent Items folder, dbl-click the repeated email, copy the body of the email, open a new email and paste the body.  Now all  you have to do is put the email address in and you're good-to-go.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Kandi_Kane

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:58:20 AM »
    ok...sounds good...I guess i dont need to create  template or anything huh?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 12:09:05 PM »
    A few options.

1. Create a new mail to the sender with subject and recipient set up.  Save and close.  It will now be in your Drafts folder.  Use cut and paste to create multiple copies of that email, so you have several in your Drafts folder.  You can then use one up each time you send the email.

2. Create a little web page, which contains a "mailto:" link, that incorporates subject and recipient.

3. Create a macro that sends the email; then create a button on your toolbar to run the macro.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Kandi_Kane

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:54:25 PM »
    A few options.

1. Create a new mail to the sender with subject and recipient set up.  Save and close.  It will now be in your Drafts folder.  Use cut and paste to create multiple copies of that email, so you have several in your Drafts folder.  You can then use one up each time you send the email.

2. Create a little web page, which contains a "mailto:" link, that incorporates subject and recipient.

3. Create a macro that sends the email; then create a button on your toolbar to run the macro.

i tried number 1 but when I clicked save, it disappeared..I check the draft folders and it was not there....I tried #3 and the system told me I had to run visual basic editor to create a macro for it.