Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor non start up  (Read 4117 times)

Jared Olson

Monitor non start up
« on: March 14, 2004, 06:34:41 PM »
When I start up my PC sometimes the monitor stays in stand by, never coming on, I disconnect and I get the no input signal. I tried a different monitor and the same happened. I tried a new video card and it seemed to fix the problem but after a few start-ups back to the same old routine.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Monitor non start up
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 09:18:04 PM »
Jason,

From the sounds of it, it appears you have elimiated the potential of a hardware issue by trying a different monitor and video card therefore we would ask for additional information.

• Are you completely shutting of the computer or are you actually putting it into standby mode?
  • What type of Monitor and Video card do you have?
  • What operating system are you using?
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Jared Olson

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 10:25:24 PM »
XP, ATI 9200, AtI  9200 SE PCI, ATi 8500. all have same effects.  Sony 17 in monitor.  Thinking now that it might be a motherboard issue as the PCI card does not work either, same issues incountered... Please help

Email [email protected]

Jared Olson

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 10:26:20 PM »
Computer is completly shut down, switch on the pwoer supply shut off and restarted