Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with KasperSky  (Read 3165 times)

Yasser

Problem with KasperSky
« on: August 19, 2006, 10:49:44 AM »
i have KasperSky AntiVirus 6.0, when i wanna scan "My Computer" this message appear:
The Scan was interrupted and you can shedule the scan
and after that the Program is stop responding, and stop scan anything else and when i wanna shut down the computer i see that the AVP.exe is stop responding.
I tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it again, but the following message appear: U must unload the program before uninstall, i already choose to end the program and remove it from AutoRun with system startup but i Failed to uninstall it..
How i can Use the program normally and prevent it from stop responding, is the reason is Virus, i update the program every day, and how i can uninstall it?

Maksim

Hopeful
    Re: Problem with KasperSky
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 11:35:58 AM »
    how i can uninstall it?
    Here this might help, use Systerac XP Tools, it has a built in Uninstaller, If the Windows uninstaller has messages, Systerac XP Tools deletes the folder and the registery everything that the program left behind. it will force the program to unistall
    Here is the site you can download it from: http://www.systerac.com/download.htm
    P.S. After you uninstall Kaspersky dont install it again.. because kaspersky slows down ur machine big time.. I use Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite.. 6.5 and it works GREAT..

« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 11:37:07 AM by Maksim »

cobberhead

Re: Problem with KasperSky
    « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »
    there was a critical problem with the first few Kaspersky AV 6 builds. The current build is 6.0.0.303. if you are going to continue using Kaspersky be sure to check their site often for build updates.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0, Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 - build 6.0.0.303 (Critical Fix 2)
    The following problems were fixed since version 6.0.0.300:
    Impossibility to download module updates in Windows XP 64 bit.
    Crash during mail scanning when DEP is enabled in Windows XP 64 bit.
    Vulnerability while processing data received using the HTTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols.
    A number of previously published vulnerabilities in klif.sys.
    Error that caused multiple repetition of symbols in HotFixes string has been fixed.
    Update of program modules is now enabled for the users who do not possess administrator privileges.  
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 12:01:01 PM by cobberhead »