Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xandros  (Read 18673 times)

Ramsey

Xandros
« on: March 15, 2004, 10:19:54 AM »
Just wanted to say that I've been using Linux for a few years now and have found Xandros Linux to be the easiest to use as far as desktops go.  I've installed it on peoples computers who have little or no computer know-how and they have been able to make the transition from windows to xandros very easily.  In fact, I've been asked if it was a new version of windows it was by some computer savvy people.   ;)  

After using Slakware, Mandrake, & Red hat - Where it's install, then configure everything to make it work with what you have (Don't get me wrong, I really like these systems too) I love the ability to install Xandros with like 4 or 5 mouse clicks and then it does the rest for me.  (You can still configure the system like you can with other Linux distributions if you want to).

OH!  And the Deluxe version comes with Crossover installed so you can run alot of Windows Applications which will be great once I can run my Windows games on it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know that this is out there and that it's worth a look. ;D

That's right........   8)  I'm cool!

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Xandros
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:37:45 PM »
Ramsey,

Sounds like a great Linux distro, honestly we have never tried it, but based off your description we will definitely give it a shot and recommend our users interested in Linux also consider it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:38:15 PM by admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein