Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Window 98  (Read 4303 times)

supergt128

Window 98
« on: September 14, 2006, 10:46:55 PM »
I need to reinstall Window 98. in Dos
I close my window 98 and select option "Next time open window in
MS DOS "

Next time I open it, it goes to DOS C:\Windows>
 After reboot,  I put the disc and change the directory and type setup.exe in Dos
The Windows set up to 100% before it complete it need to reboot a few times for checking types of hardware connected.
Usually after a few  reboot it goes to Windows 98 directly and reinstall is complete but
this time it goes to DOS C:\Windows>. And not installation screen

I can go to Safe Mode with wallpaper and icon and no file is lost. But windows reinstall is not fully complete after reboot cannot goes back to install screen to check hardware install. But it goes to DOS C:\Windows>. I type  
DOS C:\Windows>win , it response as return to windows press enter. After I press it still goes to DOS C:\Windows>. After reboot and not go to Window every time. How to solve?  

The problem is Windows is not fully install,  
windows reinstall is not fully complete after reboot cannot goes back to install screen to check hardware connect. But it goes to DOS C:\Windows> every time and cannot go to Window with desktop, wallpaper and icon. How to skip that reboot and continue to go to installation screen to  complete installation?

I have the reboot floppy, it has many files, which files is used?
How to use it to boot and reinstall window from there ?

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Window 98
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:26:50 AM »
Did you check your PM, did the instructions not work.

It is most unusual to use the Dos installed by/with Win.98 to re-install Win.

You must (a) boot from your CD or (b) boot from a bootdisk as explained in the instructions....

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Window 98
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 07:01:17 AM »
    I also received, and replied to, a PM from this user. supergt128, if you talk here more people will be able to help you and contribute than if we talk in private.