Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Two beeps when starting my computer  (Read 7280 times)

MaZingo

Re: Two beeps when starting my computer
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »
.mpg, .avi, movie clips are doing the same lag as the games, as well as voice conversations with different programs.

I will most likely get a few new parts, and the problem will be as good as gone, wheter it's drivers, spyware or hardware related.

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 03:13:41 PM »
The problem will not be gone if you continue using this installation of Windows XP, unless you plan on reinstalling it, ofcourse.

Demache

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 07:36:41 PM »
I was about to say it was a COM port issue. An old old computer of mine had that issue and I just disabled the COM port in the BIOS and it seemed to go away... Only try this if you do not use the COM  (normally, the serial) port for anything.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »
I was about to say it was a COM port issue. An old old computer of mine had that issue and I just disabled the COM port in the BIOS and it seemed to go away... Only try this if you do not use the COM  (normally, the serial) port for anything.

This has nothing to do with his issues...

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

MaZingo

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 05:49:54 AM »
I've backed up my important files, and will most likely re-install everything, due to the fact I am planning to purchase a new motherboard among the new parts.

MaZingo

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 03:39:05 AM »
-=Updating, not bumping old thread=-

My computer is back from repair, the problem was the fan was overloaded with dust, and I couldn't clean it with my own tools, the problem is now fixed and everything is back to normal, I've been told where to buy air pressure as well, to prevent further occurences.