Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have a serious computer prob =|  (Read 5139 times)

soaringxh3n

I have a serious computer prob =|
« on: September 14, 2004, 10:40:54 PM »
i have had a few viruses torjans for a while and so i downloaded all these anti virus and removed all but a few. So i got Panda Titanium when i installed it, it froze.
when i start up my computer it loads my personal settings and loads only my desktop picture and i cant do anything, few minutes later it automaticly restarts and goes to Log in and so i Click my account and i enter and same thing i see my desktop picture and a few minutes it restarts and goes to the windows xp log in again, it just keeps doing that.
ive tried going to safe mode but it wont seem to let me ive tried all of the F keys and Delete key..
(when i installed Panda Titanium i had 2 other anti virus programs running)

now i am on my old old computer

some people have try to help me but nothing worked can anyone give me advice?? or recomend me do something because my good computer is just sitting on the floor  ??? ??? :'(

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: I have a serious computer prob =|
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 11:12:44 PM »
    soaringxh3n....First of all multi anti virus programs usually don't get along with each other .
    Next it almost sounds like you may still have a virus.
    I would remove all the anti virus programs you have installed . then I would use another computer and D/l
    Stinger ....put it on a disk and then run it on the possibly infected machine .....if you are able to .
    Have you tried to boot up in safe mode?  At reboot repaetedly press the F8 key

let us know
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 11:59:44 PM »
    I would remove 2 virus scanners in safe mode.. Having 3 virus scanners is a huge and unnecesary resource hog.

jonah

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:05:48 AM »
    I think the Stinger that dl65 is referring to this one:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

see if it helps!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 12:09:12 AM »
      jonah.....Thank you ...thats the one ....I'm getting lazy.

cheers
      dl65  ???
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

soaringxh3n

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 12:28:24 AM »
       ???it does the same when i go safe mode, i go safe mode and it asks me to log in as adminstrator or my account, ive tried both, they log in right when it logs in it logs out.  like loading personal settings and then boom saving personal settings  :'( and also ive tried the option that runs windows the previous time it worked fine and same thing happens

??? i can't get into windows

« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 12:30:08 AM by soaringxh3n »

Mac

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 09:09:08 AM »
      When starting can you get to the recovery console and try the last known good configuration?

Never ... have more than ONE anti-virus program running on a computer.

You can always do on-line scans for free.

If you don't have any data whch must be saved, then I would say that it might be better to start over, partition and format your drive and make a clean install after you order and receive your free MS XP SP2 update CD.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Then you can do a proper install to a smaller C: drive and then make an image on CDRs, NOT CD-RWs to restore to.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 09:11:47 AM by Mac »

merlin_2