Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Huge Problem. Need Help Fast  (Read 2026 times)

johnlennon119

Huge Problem. Need Help Fast
« on: September 22, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »
Alright so about a week ago, i was playing games fine until about 4 days ago. I open Css and i create a server, It runs fine but it looks different. I go into the settings and see that the shadows, textures, and models where set to low (usually on high). I set them up, go back in game and its running horrible. I'm not sure what to think because i was running it on the settings i usually do which i get about 40 frames but now im getting about 5-10. I play around, and decide ill just reformat now because I as planning to in about a week. I reformat, install my drivers, and steam. I open css to get the same problem AND when i get it to run decent, the screen starts to flicker, turning weird colors and stretching out models. After this i tried other games and hte same thing happened.

I've tried: Reinstalled Video Cards Drivers

Motherboard Drivers

reinstalled dx9.0c

checked overheating and it was not

Downloaded Nvidia beta drivers

Reinstalling Css

Reformated agian

I've ran out of things to try and i don't know what to do. Hopefully someone has had this problem and has a fix so please someone help.
 :-?
Huh
What Css looks like ingame with my problem
(http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7403/zmlilapanic0006iy2.jpg)

sorry about the wall-o-text!
Roll Eyes

I forgot, my specs are:

2 HDs: 2 120gbs
NxGeforce 6600GT
Asus Motherboard
1.25 gigs of ram
Athlon Xp+2200 1.80 ghz
Windows Xp Service Pack 2

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Huge Problem. Need Help Fast
    « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:43:38 PM »
    Sounds to me like your graphics card has died/is in the process of dying. If you want to confirm this try it in another computer, and try a new graphics card in yours. Perhaps you could have it refunded?

Raptor

Re: Huge Problem. Need Help Fast
    « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 07:38:08 AM »
    Any visual indication of a damaged motherboard/videocard?