Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Setting rules on Outlook 2002  (Read 2659 times)

tubbits19

Setting rules on Outlook 2002
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:26:05 AM »
I desperately need someone's help!!  I have spent ages trying to set up rules so they auto deliver emails back but it doesnt seem to be fool proof.  At the moment I have set up templates for each email i wish to send.  They are all working so that part is ok.  
The thing which is bothering me is the fact that the keywords to search for do not say "AND" it keeps saying "OR"  - i desperately need it to say AND because i wish to include the title of something i am selling AND paypal payment notification.  At the moment when someone just enquires about the title it is sending them the actual product because it says OR.

Any suggestions??

Cheers
Katie

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Setting rules on Outlook 2002
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:32:32 AM »
    I'm not entirely sure , but if you put the 2 word's inside inverted commas it might take it as a single string for example "Beans Soy" or you could try the & symbol IE: Beans & soy
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 04:35:51 AM »
      I just checked the rules Wizard, if you add the words as a single entry it should treat them as a single entry.

in this case you should add the words in the combinations you expect them to come in in.

tubbits19

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 04:40:54 AM »
      I am adding them as the combination in which they come in.  For example I am doing:

Search inside title and body for:

"negative calorie diet ebook" or
      "Notification of Instant payment received"

ok

The problem is, when someone just says

" HI, I wonder if you can tell me about the negative calorie diet ebook"

Then people get sent the item - but they have not paid for it!!  How do i get the OR bit to change to AND because its just not working?
      Would i need to say  search for "negative calorie diet ebook notification of instant payment received"  ?

Katie

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 04:46:18 AM »
        in that case i don't think you need better rules in out look, but a better Business Model.

You need to set up some thing a Little more complicated. but also simple.

how about when you confirm some one has payed , you send them an Email with one of 100 random numbers in it, then they reply with the number in the subject title. and then you out look checks the Email title to see if it one of the 100 numbers and then sends the E-Book

tubbits19

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 04:51:01 AM »
        mmmm good idea.... :)

Now, i wanted to deliver my ebooks instantly by picking up the notification of instant payment email from paypal but i have many different products selling, so how would i set up the initial responder with the individual number in it specifically for each ebook?

sorry to sound ignorant here......

Katie

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 06:28:08 AM »
          How a bout a 2 part number, IE, 100-54486468 Check the first part to see what book they want and use the second part as auth-code.