Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "IRQ_not_less_or_equal"  (Read 51886 times)

Dead_reckon

"IRQ_not_less_or_equal"
« on: September 25, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »
i get a blue screen of death with that message, same crap about checking new hardware, blah blah blah. but, according to what i read here:

[link]http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/i/irq.htm[/link]

it actually has somthing to do with the proccessor not being able to read ahead or somthing. i think...

my processor is a Northwood Intel Celeron D 2.60ghz with 128k cache, on a MSI 7060 socket 478 board.

is my processor just to old or slow to keep up? i was planning on upgrading to a P4 soon, but, i want to make sure my board isnt the issue. how do i find out what is causing the problem? and, how do i find out how to fix it?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: "IRQ_not_less_or_equal"
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »
    Here's what I found on a recent Google of this problem.  Pretty generic but it will point you, hopefully  :-/ in the right direction.

The "IRQ_LESS..." BSOD is IRQ conflict between hardware.. ie. two PCI cards sharing the same IRQ.

that message is a driver conflict

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is most certainly caused by faulty drivers or hardware. It can be any driver though, and USB / videocard / soundcard is what you should try to disable first

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    (Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1539.)
    Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)
    Troubleshooting “Stop 0x0A” Messages in Windows {KB 165863} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
    Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP {KB 314063} Win XP
    Possible Resolutions to STOP 0x0A, 0x01E, and 0x50 Errors {KB 183169} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
    During upgrade to Win XP {KB 311564} Win XP
    STOP 0x0000000A Error Message When You Change from AC Power to DC Power {KB 316676} Win XP
    “Stop 0x0000000A” Error Message When You Fast Switch Between Users {KB 310918} Win XP
    While booting NT on same partition as Win 2000 or XP {KB 227301} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
    Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer {KB 311806}
    “Fatal System Error” When You Try to Use a Hewlett-Packard 5100C ScanJet {KB 307129} Win XP (with Brother printer)
    Computer May Hang During a Heavy Load with an Ericsson HIS Modem {KB 319810} Win 2000, Win XP
    STOP 0x4E, STOP 0x1A, STOP 0x50, and STOP 0xA Errors Occur When You Try to Start the Computer {KB 271955} Win NT 4.0 (corrupt physical RAM)
    “Stop: 0x0000000A (00000063, 0000001c, 00000000, parameter4)” error message on a Windows 2000-based computer {KB 837384} Win 2000 (program error, hotfix available)
    How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers {KB 244617} Win 2000, Win XP, Server 2003

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Dead_reckon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 06:47:23 PM »
    found the error... but i have no idea how to enable the setting so i can fix it. as you read in the artical, there are only 15 irq places... view the image, you will see the prob. in win 98, i could fix this, but here, i have to go to some totally differant menu to enable or disable somthing, but i have no idea what i am looking for.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »
    hate to double post, but, i noticed that my sound card is on IRQ 19, it should be 05, video is on 16, it should be 11, according to computerhope's database. i got the info here:

[link]http://www.computerhope.com/irqs.htm#06[/link]

so, explain to me this: if proccessors only have 15 irq's, why are these things registering like this?

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 03:38:27 AM »
    Is it your videocard that causes problems?

Are you using the latest original drivers?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »
    Is it your videocard that causes problems?

Are you using the latest original drivers?

yes, i have the latest drivers for everything. oh, and i set google earth to use directx instead of GL, it crashed, too many IRQ requests... i have no idea how to fix this, i even looked in the bios, nothing.
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:36:18 PM by Dead_reckon »

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:02:13 PM »
      same crap about checking new hardware, blah blah blah
      Shame on you, so far that's all you've really told us.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
      look, all i want to know how to do is manualy set the IRQ number for my video and sound card, as you can see in the picture above, i cant. i have tried turning off the plug and play OS option in my BIOS, but to no aval. and this is really getting annoying, i cant run it for 30 minutes without it crashing.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »
      same crap about checking new hardware, blah blah blah
      Shame on you, so far that's all you've really told us.

I think Fed was right on in this ......more info
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dead_reckon

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 05:16:49 PM »
      ahg...

my motherboard is a MSI, specs can be found here:

[link]http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=661FM2-LSR&class=mb[/link]

CPU is a Intel Celeron D 2.60ghz w\ 128k cache

i have two kingston DDR 400 512mb ram sticks

OS is windows XP pro version 5.1.2600 (version number obtained from command prompt)

i have a D-link AirPlus G DWL G150 WNIC  in PCI slot 2

a Diamond Xtreme sound 16 bit 5.1 channel sound card on PCI 3

and my ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro atlantis series 256mb 128 bit VPU on the AGP slot.

i have a quantum fireball 30 gig 7200rpm IDE drive as the primary on Bus 1. secondary on IDE bus 1 is a western digital caviar 40 gig. primary on IDE channel 2 is my CD burner, i keep forgetting to hook up my DVD burner.

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 05:58:40 PM »
        What's the exact message that the bsod gives you?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »
        What's the exact message that the bsod gives you?

many:

bad_pool_call

IRQ_not_less_or_equal

several others that i cannot remember, all of which are saying to check drivers and hardware.

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 06:11:02 PM »
          Have you checked your device manager, did you get your drivers from the manufacturer's websites, is your Windows uptodate?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »
          Have you checked your device manager, did you get your drivers from the manufacturer's websites, is your Windows uptodate?

yes, to all. there are no listed confilicts. everything is fine according to the device manager

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »
          Setting your own IRQ's leaves too many variables to track down...

How about a comprehensive lisst ? ?
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "