Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "IRQ_not_less_or_equal"  (Read 52304 times)

Raptor

Re: "IRQ_not_less_or_equal"
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2006, 11:39:32 PM »
I had an MSI board that would randomly crash because of a defective USB controller. That was funny, never saw anything like that before.  :-X

Dead_reckon

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2006, 05:11:15 AM »
I had an MSI board that would randomly crash because of a defective USB controller. That was funny, never saw anything like that before.  :-X

sounds like somthing this thing would do to me... im tring to remember the random crap this thing has given me... too many things to list though, lol. oh, i downgraded to my old Nvidia again, but, its S-video plug is like... 7 pin, my ATI is 9 pin, so the adapter wont work, and i have no idea where my home made adapter is.

EDIT: i am going to start a poll to see peoples opinions on MSI products...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 05:12:08 AM by Dead_reckon »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2006, 06:51:06 AM »
Oh Joy ! !  Another poll...i can hardly wait.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »

sounds like somthing this thing would do to me... im tring to remember the random crap this thing has given me... too many things to list though, lol. oh, i downgraded to my old Nvidia again, but, its S-video plug is like... 7 pin, my ATI is 9 pin, so the adapter wont work, and i have no idea where my home made adapter is.

I think you can simply rip out the pins you don't need. But don't quote me on that.  :P

Dead_reckon

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »

I think you can simply rip out the pins you don't need. But don't quote me on that.  :P

if i had needle nose pliers, i might try it... but i dont. the 9 pin is just for the later version of the card that has a tv tuner built in (mine just has a next to useless 9 pin s-video plug)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 08:55:09 AM »
I believe Raptor was being facetious...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 10:27:07 AM »

No, I was on the phone with a senior staff member who recommended that I pull out the pins for a customer because the converter for VGA to DVI didn't fit. 4 pins too many.

But he also said that if it didn't work, the guy could come back and get a new converter.  :P

Dead_reckon

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 05:17:14 PM »

No, I was on the phone with a senior staff member who recommended that I pull out the pins for a customer because the converter for VGA to DVI didn't fit. 4 pins too many.

But he also said that if it didn't work, the guy could come back and get a new converter.  :P

i dont see why removing the four pins wouldnt, the wires still go in the same place, they arnt needed in one area, why should they be in another?

oh, good news, job program is go, worked today. replaced a PSU with a dead fan, and a dead CD burner. also re installed windows 2000 on one, and XP on another, very simple stuff, but, heh, if it gets me out of school even ALITTLE early to deal with computers (i would rather deal with computers, they can only beep at you), then i am happy. i am going to buy another board for this PC, and use this as a multimedia centre PC (so i dont have to have all of my danged movies on my gaming PC)

i also found an old working 52x cd drive in the junk bin, was jammed, i just used the emergency release on it. it has the play\fastforward button, and the stop\eject button, so i can supply power to it, and run a cable to my amp and use it as a stand alone unit ;D . also found an old IDE controler card (PCI), going to test it later. the shop is locally owned by the manager, he needs all the help he can get (and my wage isnt coming out of his wallet, so he cant complain, free labor to him). i am going to go on a search through his shop if he will let me for any old socket 370 boards, i can build a few servers, i have 6 old socket 370 CPU's that WORK, 1 700mhz celeron, 4 700 mhz PIII's, and one 1.4 or 1.5 ghz celeron. the PII's and the 1.4 need a home, so, i am going to give them one. what i am going to do with 8 running PC's (this one, the old 370's, and my new one) i do not know, but, you can never be too prepared. once i get them built, i can put them to various uses, firewall, internet, server, ect. all of the CPU's came from HP's (odd, but true).

Dead_reckon

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »
my computer has suffered some... minor injuries since the last few crashes...

the dents where done with my keyboard (bottom corner in the pic), the half moon was done with my fist when the stupid thing fell off shortly after a crash (i had not hit it with the keyboard then, it just fell off for no reason)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:08:22 PM by Dead_reckon »

GX1_Man

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »
well, apparently my problem will be solved in a couple of weeks, i know somone who works for microsoft, microsoft upgrades there computers MONTHLY, and throws out the "old" ones, i am getting a harldly used HP with a gig of ram, 3.0 ghz dual core CPU with 2mb of cache, dvd burner w/ dual layer and lightscribe tech. wireless keyboard, mouse, speakers, and a web cam. also a printer, scanner, and god knows what software. its all worth about 2 or 3 grand. im not paying a thing for it, i am saving it from the dump.

Let me get this right. Microsoft throws $2000 computers in Redmond into a dump in Arizona so the peasants can pick over them? Is that because they are not Vista capable?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »
well, apparently my problem will be solved in a couple of weeks, i know somone who works for microsoft, microsoft upgrades there computers MONTHLY, and throws out the "old" ones, i am getting a harldly used HP with a gig of ram, 3.0 ghz dual core CPU with 2mb of cache, dvd burner w/ dual layer and lightscribe tech. wireless keyboard, mouse, speakers, and a web cam. also a printer, scanner, and god knows what software. its all worth about 2 or 3 grand. im not paying a thing for it, i am saving it from the dump.

Let me get this right. Microsoft throws $2000 computers in Redmond into a dump in Arizona so the peasants can pick over them? Is that because they are not Vista capable?

pretty much... it DOES explain how they have drivers for just about every piece of hardware when it comes out. oh, i need help finding drivers for this card that work in XP (i assume that is why they didnt use it).

EDIT: atleast i can diss other peoples PC's on Counter Strike: source when i get the HP ;D . they use to diss my celery, and stuff, but now... hehehe.... now, i can diss there WEAK 2.8ghz pentium D's. hehehe, revenge is so sweet...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 08:26:08 PM by Dead_reckon »