Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot modify Windows 98 SE Setup  (Read 4526 times)

Peter Crick

Cannot modify Windows 98 SE Setup
« on: April 01, 2004, 06:42:04 AM »
Hi,
I've done a clean install of 98 Second Edition for a friend on a custom built PC. Unfortunatly I was doing a quick job and didn't choose to customise the installation (D'oh).  Now I cannot add items like Desktop Themes, Games and wallpaper in the Windows Setup on the Add/Remove Programs Properties page.
  It has also cause me some trouble in installing the software for his sound card Ggrrrr! the installer asks for files off the Windows CD but when the disc is inserted it says that the file cannot be found.  I've tried searching the disc for the files but they must be locked inside one of the cabinet files.  I have downloaded the latest software for the sound card so I will be trying them first.
  Has anyone had similar Windows setup trouble and if so could they please shed any light on the subject? If it comes to it I will re-install Windows again but I'd rather learn more about the system.

Thanx for your time
Regards
Pete