Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ummmm... interesting  (Read 4817 times)

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    ummmm... interesting
    « on: October 09, 2006, 02:00:18 PM »

Raptor

Re: ummmm... interesting
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »
    I would never buy Dell products.

If I were to shop for a laptop it'd either be a HP or an Acer.

I'd never-ever consider buying anything that carries the name Dell. Unless it came for free, ofcourse. In which case I wouldn't be buying it.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »
    y dont you like dell

Because they have strange standards like PSU's that don't always fit, you can't buy them in stores and getting replacement parts is probably a pain too. Just like with Compaq replacement parts, except that Compaq made some nifty machines.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 04:43:03 PM »
    On the other hand I would not hesitate to suggest Dell to anyone not capable of building their own machine. I do, however, prefer the business models over the strictly consumer lines, that is Optiplex over Dimension, Latitude over Inspiron, etc. I have had nothing but excellent equipment, stellar service, and tech support in English.  ;D

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 11:20:41 PM »
      i get choppy english every once in while but i got crappy english so i can kinda understand them

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:52:58 PM »
      i get choppy english every once in while but i got crappy english so i can kinda understand them

You should definitely record one of your tech support sessions for us to listen to at CH!

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 12:39:13 AM »
      how do i do that

Be creative.  :P

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 04:29:37 AM »
      Well, this is a response to a month old post, but not all Dells are bad, any more than all Acers, Compaq, etc. are not bad. The low end models for any company are likely to be less finely constructed, and I'll bet that was a low end Dimension you had.