Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i.e. problem with starting  (Read 3231 times)

withyou10

i.e. problem with starting
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:02:09 AM »
hi, im new here and im not to knowledgeable about computers like most of you, but i have a problem with my internet explorer. i try to access it but the window never appears. i double click on the i.e. icon and the hourglass appears for about five seconds then goes away and the window does not pop up. i've tried accessing it through the start menu and the program files but no luck.

Its been doing this for five days now and im getting very sick of aol explorer lol. when i shut down i get a message from AOLServiceHost.exe saying the program cant start because i was shutting down. and also messages from iexplore.exe saying that it cannot start and if i wish to end now. im hoping someone else has encountered this problem with the same messages and knows a solution.

Also i've been noticed my spyware quickscan has been scanning on its own much more recently the past five days so i scanned my computer for any viruses and i got nothing, its clean. i hope to get back on my i.e. very soon. thx for the help.

GX1_Man

Re: i.e. problem with starting
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:21:03 AM »
What specifically are you using for protection? What preceeded this? Have you contacted AOL? What version of Windows and service pack?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:16:37 AM »
Get Firefox.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:43:24 AM »
Repair install of IE

From the Mothership...

You will need a shiny Windows CD for this...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

withyou10

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:44:03 PM »
i have spyware doctor and zone alarm. i scanned with norton antivirus 2005. im terrible with firewalls so maybe the problem is there, but i changed nothing on my computer settings previous to the day this happened. or anything with i.e. or the connection. nothing at all. no i havnt contacted AOL. im using windows xp and im not sure what service pack i have lol. as i said im not that knowledgeable.
and ive been considering dl firefox for awhile now. do you recommend it over i.e.?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 07:16:53 AM »
and ive been considering dl firefox for awhile now. do you recommend it over i.e.?

Naturally.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 07:27:13 AM »
    AOL is a P.I.T.A.  >:(  AFter you contact them and they tell you nothing, you might try uninstalling AOL and reinstalling.

"m using windows xp and im not sure what service pack i have"  Go to Control Panel & double click System.  The opening screen will tell you what SP you have.

Definitly Firefox  ;D

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 08:27:04 PM »
    Repair install of IE

From the Mothership...

You will need a shiny Windows CD for this...

patio.  8-)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "