Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Making wireless available with static IP addresses  (Read 5788 times)

Telford_UK

Making wireless available with static IP addresses
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »
Hi

I have a network at work which consists of 3 windows touch screen tills in one workgroup,  2 computers on a second workgroup, a broadband modem, a wireless router and a wireless access point. All these components are conected together through a 16 port switch.

The tills need to be able to comunicate with one of the 2 computers and so, as I understand it all tills and computers have been given static IP addresses and  a default gateway with a prefered DNS server. The problem now is that although our computers are able to conect to the internet, when guests come to the hotel, although they can connect to either the access point or the wireless router they can not then connect to the internet.

Is it possible to configure the linksys wireless equipment to allow wirless access. At the moment there is no encyption although I will add this later

many thanks in advance of any help you may be able to give

James

Raptor

Re: Making wireless available with static IP addre
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:20:36 AM »
Why can they not connect to the Internet? Can you PING an IP ADRESS?

A prefered DNS server should be the router's IP.