Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how do I uninstall this driver update i did?  (Read 10735 times)

GX1_Man

Re: how do I uninstall this driver update i did?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »
Nothing to lose at this point.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »
A fresh re-install of Windows could be in your future as well...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 07:25:14 PM »
A fresh re-install of Windows could be in your future as well...

SOON!
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
sigh, still it is owned.

So, there are no problems whatsoever regarding the video capabilities of my computer, like I can play games like age of empires II and I can watch movies and stuff, but only Steam games do not work. SO could I maybe reinstall CS and Steam and that could fix it?
What, exactly, happens when you try to play Steam games?  

I'm not a gamer so I don't know where Steam fits in the spectrum of computer games.  I believe it's not the most demanding of games, is it?  Anyway, you do need to keep in mind you've got an older video card there that probably will not give you good performance on the more demanding games.

Do CS and Steam call for a specific DirectX specification?  It might be higher than what
If your system works fine except CS and Steam games, you may need to upgrade your video card.  And, depending on how well your system has been maintained, you may need, as others have said, to format and reinstall Windows.

Edit: Ah, I just went back and looked at your system info again.  You're using Integrated video.  That's a limiting factor here.  Give some thought to an add-on video card.  Even an AGP NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 will give you better performance than you onboard video, partly because it will free up your full 512MB of physical RAM for CPU use rather than reserving 64MB of that for the video adapter.

Do CS and Steam system requirements specify a certain DirectX capability?  That may be a problem.  I believe NVIDIA GeForce4 MX is a DirectX 7 GPU.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 01:24:41 PM by soybean »