Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CyberMax 21" CRT driver for XP needed?  (Read 11153 times)

7thson

CyberMax 21" CRT driver for XP needed?
« on: October 24, 2006, 01:01:27 AM »
 8-) Hi 'ya  I went "Goodwilling" (thrift store) shopping the other day and came home with a huge but kinda nice monitor.  $5 :D  I would love to have an LCD of this size, but my wallet wouldn't.
I use Windows XP SP2 and the monitor is up and running, but I would like to make some adjustments that are not showing up in Control Panel.  This may be because I am using this on my notebook right now, until I get my new system built.  I use Photoshop, Premier and a few other graphics/video editing pgms., so I welcome the large display.
Does any one know where I can get drivers for this:  CyberMax Computer Company 21" CRT, CX2100, Model #AT398 ?
I have "googled" it and see the company is defunct, but there should be a driver for this out there somewhere.  I did find a German site that had a listing and picture of my monitor under the brand name of Magic, but could not find a driver for that one either.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Steve

GX1_Man

Re: CyberMax 21" CRT driver for XP needed?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 03:50:13 AM »
It would be unusual for a CRT monitor to need a driver. Let's hear about your graphics adapter and resolution settings in Windows. What "adjustments" are you trying to make?

7thson

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:14:54 AM »
Hi 'ya GX1_Man; thanks for the reply.
Real happy with my $5 investment, should work out well on the system I am building; AMD 4600+ X2, undecided video at this point, likely GeForce 7900 w/256 MB video ram and 2 gigs system ram.
On the notebook I have CyberMax connected to right now I am severly limited in video dept.
The notebook is a Fujitsu with a ATI RAGE Mobility PCI with only 8 megs video ram.
XP SP2 is set at 1024X768 32 bit color @ 60 Hz.  Using MS XP driver 5.1.2001.0
I am wanting to increase real estate to fit more on screen, maybe 1200 X 800?  I would love to change refresh rate to something over 60 Hz, 75 Hz would help tons.
I am still exploring this monitor settings on monitor itself, but have not found any documentation to tell me what some of these odd menus are onscreen.
In Windows control panel, the only settings I can get are 1024X768 and a 60 Hz setting.
Any ideas?  Any idea where documentation might be found on this monitor?
Thanks again for your reply  ;)
Steve

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 07:12:17 AM »
If that monitor is the vintage you describe AND if the video card has 8 megs. RAM I suspect that is the best you will ever do with that combo, regardless of any documentation.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:34:08 AM »
The videocard should be capable of delivering at least 16bit colour. It should also be capable of a resolution up to 1024x786. Have you ever installed the proper drivers for it?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »
Hi 'ya GX1_Man; thanks for the reply.
Real happy with my $5 investment, should work out well on the system I am building; AMD 4600+ X2, undecided video at this point, likely GeForce 7900 w/256 MB video ram and 2 gigs system ram.
On the notebook I have CyberMax connected to right now I am severly limited in video dept.
The notebook is a Fujitsu with a ATI RAGE Mobility PCI with only 8 megs video ram.
[highlight]XP SP2 is set at 1024X768 32 bit color @ 60 Hz[/highlight].  Using MS XP driver 5.1.2001.0
I am wanting to increase real estate to fit more on screen, maybe 1200 X 800?  I would love to change refresh rate to something over 60 Hz, 75 Hz would help tons.
I am still exploring this monitor settings on monitor itself, but have not found any documentation to tell me what some of these odd menus are onscreen.
In Windows control panel, the only settings I can get are 1024X768 and a 60 Hz setting.
Any ideas?  Any idea where documentation might be found on this monitor?
Thanks again for your reply  ;)
Steve

7thson

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
I suspect with the notebook's limited resources I am not going to get much out of this monitor, but what I am needing is finding documentation and drivers for my full system that is in the works and should be up and running soon.
I would sure like to change the refresh rate right now though.
Any idea where drivers might be found?  I looked at sources that came up in first 10 pages of google search, but could find none for this brand of monitor.
Anybody know of other names this monitor may be marketed under, like Magic in Germany?
Thanks again,
Steve

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 05:46:14 PM »
[highlight]It would be unusual for a CRT monitor to need a driver.[/highlight] Let's hear about your graphics adapter and resolution settings in Windows. What "adjustments" are you trying to make?

Usually drivers are for video cards and fancy LCD's.

7thson

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 08:10:47 PM »
Looks like I may just wait until I finish my full system I am building and see what happens with a good graphics card and drivers.
But any documentation on this monitor would be nice, would like to know what the specs are, refresh max, etc.  I can figure out these odd onscreen menus eventually. (a lot of sets of numbers that don't seem to coresspond to anything)
Take care and if any info on this monitor comes through, I will be a happy camper.
Bye now,
Steve

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:56:52 PM »
[highlight]It would be unusual for a CRT monitor to need a driver.[/highlight] Let's hear about your graphics adapter and resolution settings in Windows. What "adjustments" are you trying to make?

Usually drivers are for video cards and fancy LCD's.

I use them for CRT's as well so I can get the highest possible refresh rate out of it, Windows doesn't always know the monitor so it assumes a standard monitor with lower settings.

But if you can't find drivers for it, chances are it's not capable of much more than the standard settings.