Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Card  (Read 3186 times)

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Sound Card
    « on: September 22, 2004, 12:56:49 PM »
    Windows 98

:-X   I'm trying to record from my line-in to no avail.  I looked at the Mixer device and it shows "C-Media Audio Mixer (E000)".  Shouldn't it show my sound card driver instead in order for me to access my line-in or for recording for that matter?  I also looked in Device Mgr and I don't see anything for Audio.  I had no problem before until my hard drive had to be changed.   Please help.  Thanks.

Computer_Commando

Re: Sound Card
    « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:27:22 PM »
    Accessories->Entertainment-->Volume Control.
    Options-->Properties
    Make sure "Line-In" is checked.

MalikTous

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 04:38:34 PM »
    C-Media Audio Mixer is a component of Crystal Audio cards and embedded audio devices. If your card is a Crystal SoundFuzion or Crystal Audio device, that's what you need to use.

To access the Record Mixer, open the Playback Mixer (Volume Control) and select Options, Properties, and the Record radio button. Click OK and your Microphone, Line In, CD Player, and other audio inputs should show (if any are missing, go back into Options, Properties, and check them on in the list for Rercord mode). Check the Select box under Line In and adjust the volume as needed.

If the Crystal Audio device is an unused MB embedded feature and a different sound card is your choice for recording and playback, disable the Crystal Audio devices in Device Manager to force default selection of your other sound card for all audio functions.

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 07:03:13 AM »
      I checked and "line-in" is checked in the controls.  I will try the second answer and see what happens.  Will report back.  Thanks to both.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 12:44:37 PM »
      are you using window sound recorder to do this?