Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Want to know about graphics card  (Read 3229 times)

Ed Knight

Want to know about graphics card
« on: September 24, 2004, 11:02:03 AM »
Hello, I have recently bought a laptop and was wondering what size my graphics card was. Ill list all the info that i think might help.

In device manager through the control panel the thing that is under display adapters is "Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller". It doesnt specify whether it is 32mb or 64mb or whatever. If anyone can help, or tell me where to go on the system to find it i would be very grateful. or if you need more information, and could tell me where i can get it from that would also help. thanks.

Ed

Raptor

Re: Want to know about graphics card
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 11:38:33 AM »
Google is a good place to get started. I think the first search result hit the bulls eye. Enjoy.

Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller Family
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:39:01 AM by Raptor »

Just me

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 11:46:55 AM »
Try this out

Right-click on the desktop and select Properties.
Click the Settings tab.
Click the Advanced button.
Click the Intel® Graphics Technology or Intel® Extreme Graphics tab.

If it doesn't help...... go here http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel852gm/

It's Intel's page for it

Ed Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 12:15:18 PM »
thanks. So i have gone into this adapter section. it states all these things like chip type and memory. If it says 64 mb, this means i have a 64mb grpahics card which is enough to play doom 3?