Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite M45-S351 laptop keyboard issue  (Read 2175 times)

tonydmyers

Toshiba Satellite M45-S351 laptop keyboard issue
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:48:10 PM »
Hi. I've been having a problem with the left arrow key on my laptop computer (see title for model), and this only started happening today. The key now requires a much greater amount of pressure than usual for it to do anything; I practically have to mash it.

Just so you know, I protect my computer fiercely and make sure not to spill anything on it, but there is a certain amount of free-floating pet hair in the house. Also, my laptop is one that allows you to remove individual keys (to say nothing for the little rubber jobbies underneath them). I'm at my wit's end and would like to avoid buying a replacement internal keyboard on EBay or even a hulking external one. Is there any way I can fix this? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

GX1_Man

Re: Toshiba Satellite M45-S351 laptop keyboard iss
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »
You can try removing and cleaning it, per Toshiba instructions, or blowing it out with compressed air. If the electrical contact is failing a replacement maybe the only option. Some laptops are easier to work on than others.