Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hit N To Connect To Network  (Read 5865 times)

John13971397

Hit N To Connect To Network
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »
I have a 533 mhz computer and when first turning on machine after setup it asks you to hit N to connect to network. It has a 3com sticker on the front of case and it used to ask to enter msdi I believe to hit keys alt clrl and b or c. I turned this off but is there anyway of turning off hit N to connect to network or is this built in to the motherboard as it can not be coming from hard drive as it was partioned and formatted?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Hit N To Connect To Network
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
    John13971397
    I have a 533 mhz computer and when first turning on machine after setup it asks you to hit N to connect to network.

Exactly what do you mean by "after setup" ? What are you setting up ?

What operating system are you using ?
    How do you normally connect to the internet ........ dial-up , cable or ADSL

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

John13971397

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:57:10 PM »
    I'm not even getting to windows it's right at bootup, I believe its coming from the 10/100 network card this card must have rom information, if I pull this card this should end all my network questions at bootup right?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 09:57:11 PM »
      John13971397........   I'm a little puzzled by your response ........ If you remove the ethernet card ......... how do you plan on connecting to the internet .......... a dial-up connection?

What operating system are you using ?
      How do you normally connect to the internet ........ dial-up , cable or ADSL
      .......  you havent answered these questions yet ....... or did I miss them ?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:05:39 AM »
      I suspect the BIOS has been wrongly configured to boot from the network.  Enter the BIOS and change that setting to boot from hard drive instead.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos