Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .ST1 .ST2 Expanding  (Read 2860 times)

wma85

.ST1 .ST2 Expanding
« on: November 23, 2006, 04:21:33 AM »
Hello Dears,
         I am Walid Antar, a new member to this forum, asking forhelp to extract 84 files of extentions (may be .sty or .sth) from two files of extentions .st1 and .st2    .   The two file contains styles (rythems) for a keyboard.
I found that .st1 and .st2 = Spice : Status
but also there are extensions ( .$01 and .$02 ) which are DOS Pipe files and also for midi file. Knowing that styles are midi files and these files (.st1 and .st2)
must be put in floppy disk then attaching them to the keyboard via its floppy drive while operating and pressing a spesific key at the same time.

Sorry for talking too much, but is there any help for expanding these files on my pc??
               Best Regards,
                             Walid Antar

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: .ST1 .ST2 Expanding
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 05:17:18 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

Do you know which company or program created the files and what media are they currently recorded on :-?
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

wma85

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 01:48:18 AM »
The company made them is Roland for arranger keyboards EXR-3/3s/5/5s/7/7s
The files are on http://www.rolandus.com/support/downloads_updates/eula.aspx?DownloadId=438        
then click agree
but sorry I don't know that program that recorded it
By the way Sir. what is meant by Spice : Status  ?
                                   and by DOS pipe file??
I like to know these things :0)
thanks for your replay
 :0)

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 02:59:49 AM »
I have downloaded the file from the site you posted, unzipped it and created floppy disks and now cannot understand your query about expanding the .st files which do not seem to need expanding from their present form.

Instructions on how to load the .st file contents into the Roland instrument are contained in the .pdf file which is included with the unzipped files.

Your queries about Spice : Status and DOS pipe file come from considering only file extensions.  Spice is a name which can be applied to an analog circuit simulator, a telecom company in India, a thin browser and many other things.  A Dos pipe file is generally a temporary file created when using the DOS Pipe feature.  I think you can safely ignore these when considering the Roland instrument .st files.

If you have created the files on floppy disks from the disk images you should now proceed to load the content into the Roland instrument following the instructions in the .pdf file.

Good luck
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.