Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Login domain workgroup server  (Read 4177 times)

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Login domain workgroup server
« on: December 05, 2006, 06:29:35 PM »
I don't think there is a way to do this, but just out of curiousity is there a way to login to windows xp through another computer on your workgroup. I already know the ways of domain and server and how they work.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Login domain workgroup server
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:25:15 AM »
It depends what you mean by "logon".  Yes, you can do it, in the loose sense, by using VNC or Remote Desktop (where supported).  But in the strict sense, logging on usually implies password and resource management, and for those you need a logon server - e.g. Windows Server 2003, Linux + Samba, Netware, etc.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Login domain workgroup server
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 03:23:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply Rob. I kind of figured you need a server to do this.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.