Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Capture E-mail  (Read 6217 times)

Michael_Wilson

Capture E-mail
« on: August 21, 2004, 01:43:51 PM »

Hi folks!  I was wondering how can I make  a small ad pop up so that I can can prompt vistors to my site to enter their email.  I writeing a newsletter that I will be sending out each month.  It will be free to all visitors who leave their email address.  Do I need to use HTML or what should I do?  Thanks in advance for all your help.

Joleen

Re: Capture E-mail
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 06:05:46 AM »
It depends on what you plan to do with the information once you've got it.  One easy thing to do is to create a form then on submit, send yourself an email with the data.  It won't be stored in a database (unless you input the data again) but you won't have to worry about .php or the like.

stephen palmer

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 08:44:06 AM »
hi joleen, i am very new to this. i have already created a form for my website and a submit button, but how do i send the whole form to my email address!
                                                                thanks stephen

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 09:43:27 AM »
To be honest, I've never had to do this via HTML.  You might be able to do something in the FORM Post but I think you'll have to go with CGI to get this done.