Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Im New But i need Help sooo bad its making me sick  (Read 2221 times)

mrrap4food

Im New But i need Help sooo bad its making me sick
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:40:48 AM »
im hoping sombody can help me with this problem! asap my burner on my cd drive was working perfectly fine then out of no where my computer says that it has a code 22 which means that its not working propper and it was working 3 days ago, or i disabled or its conflicting with somthing , but i dont know how to tell what its conflicting with i dont wanna uninstall and try to install because my plug and play doenst work like for example my keyboard got uninstalled and it said do i have some drivers or somthin but i dont have any drivers or nothing! so i had to go buy a brand new one, and i would hate to uninstall my burner and not know how to get the drivers unless sombody can help me

it shows my drive with a big red X over it its a memerox52maxx 3252AJ1
and it wont enable can sombody help me? :'(

GX1_Man

Re: Im New But i need Help sooo bad its making me
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:57:38 AM »
Some punctuation would be helpful in the future.  ;)

Your next logical step is to remove the device in Device Manager and reboot the machine. Windows has it's own drivers for these things, so there is nothing to buy, etc. Frequently this solvees the immediate problem.

What are you using for virus and spyware protection?

mrrap4food

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »
lol sorry for that i was rushing earlier when i was typing the first time,

Im actually using SpySweeper, and Norton but the thing i dont understand is how did it get disabled in the first place, and it says that it was done because "A" it was manually disabled, "B" Its conflicting with somthing else, but it doenst say if it is, my top cd player works the cdrom drive but not the memorex burner like i said it has a red x on it when i go to the device managers

im just worried that if i uninstall it , its gonna ask me for some stupid drivers or somthing like it did with my keyboard ,because my keyboard got deleted due to a faulty tech working at HP who was supposed to help me install my printer over the phone, but instead he ended up accidently deleting my keyboard drivers or somthing, so i had to buy a new one, it worked out because i caught a wireless one on sale that looked nicer,
but anyway

just in case

are there drivers i can download from somewhere just in case it ask? for drivers for my burner?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:39:49 AM by mrrap4food »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »
Your next logical step is to remove the device in Device Manager and reboot the machine. [highlight]Windows has it's own drivers for these things, so there is nothing to buy, etc. Frequently this solvees the immediate problem.[/highlight]

Fancy keyboard drivers are something else although a standard PS/2 keyboard will never get you into problems here. It's just the "multimedia buttons" etc. that need instructions. Most every driver can be downloaded free from the internet, so a faulty tech it was indeed.  ;)

Do you have a real Windows CD if needed in the future?

mrrap4food

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »
a standard PS/2 keyboard will never get you into problems here. It's just the "multimedia buttons" etc. that need instructions

thats what i was thinking and a tech that was trying to help me reinstall it but we could not figure it out to get it working and it was a regular keyboard one that came with it, but

far as a real windowscd i dont have one its been so long i dont know where i would have put it at

but what im a do is uninstall the Cd burner , the one with the red X on it and try to reinstall it and hopefully it works !

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 09:10:15 PM »
You should not have anything to install. Windows should do it automatically.

It's a shame you didn't come here with the keyboard issue. Obviously there was more involved.

What version of Windows is this? Is this an HP computer?

Everyone does need a copy of Windows sooner or later. I wouldn't misplace $100 CD's, but that's just me.   ;)

mrrap4food

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 09:55:49 PM »
yeah i wished i did come here first because , i found this site via yahoo search engine, but i have a compaq , and operating system is windows Xp , yeah and far as misplacing it , i think it was stolen proir to being lost a while back tho

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 10:32:14 PM »
So where do we go from here ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mrrap4food

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 12:39:36 AM »
success i appreciate you guys alot even though i just met yall!

it worked out and my burner works!
 ;)

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 06:20:47 AM »
Congratulations and thanks for posting back. We like success stories. We will be here if another disaster befalls you.  ;)

If that was the copy of XP that came with that Compaq and you are the original owner you may be able to get a copy at a low price directly from HP, which now owns Compaq. I would contact them soon. Everyone needs a real copy of Windows sooner or later. Here is there contact info:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/help.do;jsessionid=FyP9tjwGallf1okUGv12HhPvKfB8FKH8qMS5IBQGAyEK1rstMkfx!-1941764734
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:23:40 AM by GX1_Man »