Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help with ethernet/wireless configuration  (Read 4482 times)

jenn76bennett

help with ethernet/wireless configuration
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:00:26 AM »
I use Compag Presario 7ap170 128 mb memory 4.0gb harddrive, and use windows 98 operating system. I have Cox Digital Broadband for my internet connection, using a Belkin Wireless router and card. When i initially had my pc set-up for this connection, they configured my computer somehow in the "run" typing in some command to connect the PC through wireless router. The problem is, my wireless connection is very poor. I'm not sure if it is the router or if it is the PC.  I want to try to connect the computer through ethernet connection, to see if the connection is any better; however the computer does not recognize the ethernet connection. I know that there is a way to configure my PC for this, and am hoping that someone in here can help me.
There is another issue, not sure if this is the acceptable place to ask. Periodically on bootup I get a blue screen that says "ScanDisk failed to initialize" not sure what this is, or what it means.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: help with ethernet/wireless configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:56:44 AM »
For your networking problem, I recommend reading the networking FAQ (see the link in my signature) to aid you in your understanding.  For your other problem, I suggest posting it again in the Windows forum.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos