Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Link in E-Mail to automatically update home page  (Read 3554 times)

ak47mh

Link in E-Mail to automatically update home page
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:07:43 AM »
We are moving to a new intranet server in work which is looked after by a separate team and they want to change the home page address from an IP address to a domain name instead.

Is there anyway we could attach a link in an E-Mail for users which they click on and it updates their homepage automatically? Or another simple solution that doesn't involve going around each PC and adding the new address manually.

Thanks in advance.

Ant

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Link in E-Mail to automatically update home pa
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:14:58 AM »
Do you use domain policies at all?  You can enforce IE's home page through policies.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

ak47mh

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 08:06:03 AM »
Do you use domain policies at all?  You can enforce IE's home page through policies.

Hi

No we have a NetWare environment unfortunately, I have been trying to look through ZENWorks but can't see anything at the moment.

Cheers,
Ant

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »
Can't help with Netware.  You might want to look for a suitable logon script.  I haven't come across one yet.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos