Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card Help!?  (Read 3249 times)

Brenda King

Video Card Help!?
« on: April 02, 2004, 07:37:11 AM »
    Well, I'm needing a new video card so we can play games on the computer. I'm needing to know what kind I need. AGP or PCI? On the side of my computer it says AGP. So I purchised one. Then when you go to find out what kind of chipset you have on the computer it says PCI? What kind should I get? & What Exactly do I do before installing my new card?

merlin

Re: Video Card Help!?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »
In start/progams/accessories/system tools/system information it should tell you everything you wish to know if it beyond you download this >http://www.aida32.hu/aida32-download.php   it will tell you everything about your pc?hth ;D

Fuzz_64

Re: Video Card Help!?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 10:49:16 AM »
If you feel confident, you can take the side off your tower and look inside the computer yourself.

Look on the motherboard.  Towards the bottom of it you will probably see several white slots in a row.  Some might have some cards plugged into them, and some might not.

If you have an AGP slot, there will be a single brown slot directly above and maybe an inch or so to the right the white slots.