Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS Virus  (Read 3334 times)

merosansarma

BIOS Virus
« on: December 13, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
I have found virus on my computer which never deletes. I tired to remove it from my computer forever by using AVG, Kaspersky, Spyware Doctor, Registry Mechanic, Norton Antivirus, Spybot and other all antivirus/useful utilities. All of them were up to date and fully licensed. they delete the Virus for the few minutes and coming back again and again and creating numbers of copies themself. I formatted the computer using new bootable Cd of Windows Xp but the virus is coming back. I heard, The virus may be in BIOS?? If so how to delete and how effects on it? Please help me! I am having this problems since six months. (See the picture for virus name)

PaGaL Tamang
Computer Operator
Doha, Qatar

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: BIOS Virus
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 01:23:10 PM »
    I [highlight]formatted[/highlight] the computer using new bootable Cd of Windows Xp but the virus is coming back.
    No you didn't.

Use Ewido/AVG Online Scan to remove it.

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 03:25:14 PM »
    If you formatted your harddrive correctly it should be gone.
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:50:06 PM »
      merosansarma.....
      I formatted the computer using new bootable Cd of Windows Xp but the virus is coming back.

Several questions .
      1..... After the format and the clean install , is the machine clear of any and all trojans and viruses ?

I formatted the computer using new bootable Cd of Windows Xp

Is the new cd you are using a brand new from MicroSoft Win XP or a new copy ?
      3..... Describe in detail how you did the format .

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:01:23 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

bobthefarmer

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:23:10 PM »
      When you run your virus scan do it in safe mode. Keeps the virus from continually running in the background. Really, the virus should be gone upon formatting. If you have Win XP disk for reload, try running an fdisk, if you didn't already. Make sure the partition is also deleted to keep the virus from hanging there. You'll install a new partition upon reloading Windows.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 01:24:26 AM »
      A virus cannot reside in the BIOS...

Do as suggested above. Update all your malware apps first; disconnect from the web; turn off system restore ( you will lose all your restore points ) ; and run all your scans in safemode...
      « Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 01:28:07 AM by patio »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "