Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows crashed and will not load again  (Read 9951 times)

coopdawg1

windows crashed and will not load again
« on: December 19, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »
recently my toshiba laptop crashed and the next time i turned it on it started with the screen where i can choose safe mode or to start windows normally. which ever option i choose the startup begins and "the blue screen of death" appears very briefly. it then goes back to the safe mode screen and i have not been able to get around this. any help would greatly be appreciated.
thanks

pcdoc4christ

Re:  windows crashed and will not load again
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »
What stop code number is displayed? (it's the number that begins with 0x and has eight other numbers and or letters).

coopdawg1

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:19:44 AM »
the blue screen only shows for a split second so i don't have enough time to read the stop code

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »
Do you have a real XP CD?

You can run free diagnostics on the RAM from www.memtest86.com

Free diagnostics for the hard drive from the appropriate drive maker's site or use SeaTools from www.seagate.com

Neither of these require Windows to be used. If the hardware is defective, Windows is irrelevant.  ;)

coopdawg1

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »
i have a reinstall cd from the dell computer i am on now but do not have the toshiba disks with me right now.

i burned the memtest86 to a disk but do not know how to get it to run.  whenever i power on the laptop it immediately goes to the "windows did not start successfully" screen.  there i have the safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, start windows normally options, but i do not know how to run the cd without running windows.

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 01:35:01 AM »
Press 'F8' as you are booting to select which device you would like to boot from or you could configure your cd rom drive to boot first every time by hitting the "Delete" key as you are booting and setting the cd rom drive to boot first then either floppy drive(if you have one) or Harddrive.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

coopdawg1

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 07:00:37 AM »
i got the stop code to display:
ox000000ed (ox82309a68, oxc0000006, ox00000000, ox00000000)

still working on the memtest

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:09:59 AM »
Have a look here, and here, just googled found 32,900 for your stop error code at 0.06 seconds.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:10:57 AM by fffreak »
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 06:39:19 PM »
Have a look here, and here, just googled found 32,900 for your stop error code at 0.06 seconds.

fffreak,

Just like Calum you are showing some real promise. Keep up the good work.  ;)

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 09:15:47 AM »
fffreak,

Just like Calum you are showing some real promise. Keep up the good work.  ;)

I agree.

8-)

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 05:32:03 AM »
And now the original poster has gone off for Christmas or to find his correct Windows CD or something....  ::)

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 08:12:41 PM »
We can only hope Santa didn't put Windows Vista under the tree!

;D

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 08:15:35 PM »
You'd think the guy would give his elves a break and let them hammer out all the bugs in XP before they release an infested new OS! (it had a limited release in 2006).

::)