Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: network Help!  (Read 3721 times)

crazy_protocol

Topic Starter

Rookie
    network Help!
    « on: December 20, 2006, 02:59:42 AM »
    I have just bought DELL desktop computer of model DIMENSION 300. I tried to configure it on network. Networking is okey. I could view the resources from this machine but I couldn't enter into it from other machine.

IT is not responding from other computer, i tried to ping but no respond......I removed firewall, i did everything but i couldn't ping this computer from other computer

PLZ help!!!

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: network Help!
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 06:31:11 AM »
    You should be able to ping, since you said your on a network, I'll assume your using a router since not much information supplied. Did you use Local IP or Outer IP to ping. More information would help ;).

When you said you did everything, what all did you try?
    « Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:33:11 AM by fffreak »
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: network Help!
    « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »
    How many firewalls and internet security suites does this computer have installed?
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos