Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 Log On problem  (Read 4392 times)

ghynson

Windows 2000 Log On problem
« on: December 24, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »
My wife has an IBM thinkpad from work, she brought it home to use here at the house where we have a wireless network, the Thinkpad could not find the network, both our home computers are XP. We tried to add the Thinkpad to our workgroup and unchecked the domain box now she cannot log on to the computer becasue it does not give the option to enter a domain at the logon screen and it will not log on with her normal log on? Can anyone tell us how we can get the domain choice back on the log in screen or is she stuck waiting until after the holidays to take the machine back to the office?

GX1_Man

Re: Windows 2000 Log On problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:25:34 AM »
I think you will have to wait and have the IT people set it back up again.

This frequently causes MAJOR problems as you see.

ghynson

Re: Windows 2000 Log On problem
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »
Figured as much thanks anyway. The wife is upset because I insist on using a secure wireless setup and hotels usually are wide open when she travels. The really strange thing is the wireless in her laptop never detected the network at all, which is telling me there is actually something wrong with it as well