Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Access  (Read 3098 times)

Eric Kremer

Internet Access
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:47:41 AM »
I am unable to connect to the internet via any desktop icon (ie, sbc.yahoo.dsl, opera). Iam using a xp with sp2. I have mcafee running. I can ping gateway router and yahoo with no packets lost, as well as loop back. I received a message after start up saying that my system recovered from a serious error and gave me a log to send to Microsoft. It is a bc code? It also stated that it was sending two files paths? Who should I contact to resolve this issue? An A+ tech, Dell, SBC. Yahoo, or is this something that I should be able to fix myself? Thanks for any help.

Eric Kremer

Re: Internet Access
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 11:00:44 AM »
Turns out these problems might not be related. I was able to restablish an internet connection by entering the default gateway ip address in the internet browser window and connect to the default gateway, where I found my user ID had changed. After changing it back and then changing the password (just for safety), I was able to reconnect. Maybe this will help someone else?

robertmillar

Re: Internet Access
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 12:14:42 PM »
Could be a dns problem.  perhaps one of your system files has been deleted.

Click Star, run, sfc /scannow with your Windows CDROM in the Drive