Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop multi-user query affetcting IE7  (Read 4144 times)

Sneyd

Laptop multi-user query affetcting IE7
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:49:21 AM »
 New Router - Laptop shows connection is working and with good signal strength - but will only sometimes connect with IE7 ?
Base PC runs fine...WEP enabled....wireless laptop connection is good to go. For some reason my friends laptop has multiple user accounts (windows XP user accounts ) and this seems to be affecting it. I have tried to run with no firewall to get it going. Managed to get all the users IE working at once by switching user accounts, but then I turned laptop off and back on again and I now cannot connect to any page with IE, with any account. anyone got any ideas?

I have never connected a laptop to wireless with more than one user account before and I can't see why this would affect it.
Any comments ( good or bad ) are welcomed.

BTW- only found this forum with searching for this problem so I am new here, but I have solved another issue I had with browsing your forum, so thank you. I will probably be here regular...lol ;)

Edit: just found that if I run the internet wizard each time I switch users or switch it on, I can get IE7 to work......??????
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 05:00:58 AM by Sneyd »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Laptop multi-user query affetcting IE7
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 02:04:34 PM »
I suggest you start by reading the network FAQ (click link in my signature).  The principles there apply to wireless networks too.  Change any settings as a local administrator of the machine in question.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos