Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: split HDD in two = XP | 98'  (Read 4633 times)

HDL_CinC_Dragon

split HDD in two = XP | 98'
« on: December 23, 2006, 02:28:50 PM »
I have a 300Gb SATA Seagate HDD in my custom built computer. Unfortunately a few games that I have that are extremely awesome wont run on Windows XP (I have XP Home SP 2). I was wondering If I could isntall XP as well as 98' on the same HDD. I read somewhere that this is possible but I couldnt figure out where I had read it.

Can someone tell me how to do it and what exactly I would need to do? Ideally I would like to have a selection at boot up that I could choose was OS I want to boot up with. Is there a way I can do that?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: split HDD in two = XP | 98'
    « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
    You can partition your HDD into 2 with your XP disk.
    Be prepared to lose everything so backup your stuff.

Raffaz

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 02:54:31 PM »
    If ya wanna dual boot then its best to install 98 first, then xp, so that you get the boot loader

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 03:35:31 PM »
      Are these DOS games? A DOS emulator is freely available, and many old games can be got to work with the right tweaks.

HDL_CinC_Dragon

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:50:44 PM »
      nah there not DOS games.

And I dont wanna lose everything lol, i need to go out and find an external 150gb at least to back up my HDD in that case... :sigh:

Neil

Expert
      • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
        « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 06:48:22 AM »
        "Are these DOS games?" was actually an invitation to tell us what these games are. Unless you really want to dual-boot between XP and 98, which can be useful, I was pointing out that there might be alternative ways to get these games working.

HDL_CinC_Dragon

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »
        lol sorry, multi tasking out the wazoo, didnt pick up on it. The game is one in particular called Machines. Another that doesnt seem to like my XP very much is Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I actually emailed the makers of Machines(Acclaim Entertainment) and asked if they were ever going to make it compatible with XP. I tried running the games in Compatibility mode with 98' but not luck.