Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: strt up disk for windows 98se  (Read 4269 times)

tmm5899

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    strt up disk for windows 98se
    « on: January 03, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »
    a friend has a computer that should have windows 98se on it all we did was change monitors and now the computer does not come up with windows 98se where can i get a start up disk to download to a floppy disk to take to his computer to restart the computer to format the drive to install windows 98se again i am using a public computer so the download can not be saved on the computer it has to go staright to being saved on a floppy disk can anyone help if you sned me to bootdisk.com what do i click on for windows 98se it does not seem to work when i save it to a floppy at bootdisk.com :-?

GX1_Man

Re: strt up disk for windows 98se
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
    Save it as a file to your hard drive. Then double click on that file with a blank floppy in the drive and it will create the boot disk. If it was Windows 98SE, use the boot disk for that. Win98SE OEM is the exact listing there.

If you just changed the monitor and that was all, then I doubt that a format will solve the problem. There may be hardware issues, display settings, etc. that need to be addressed. Alas, we have no clue as to the hardware.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:50:27 PM by GX1_Man »