Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless connection without a wireless router  (Read 5490 times)

slayer87

Wireless connection without a wireless router
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:12:32 PM »
Ok. So what im trying to do is get internet access on my psp without having to go out and buy a wireless router.
Currently i have 3 computers hooked up through a router that isnt wireless. Im using static ip adresses on all computers. I have a wireless card in one of the computers. What im trying to do is use ICS on that computer with adapter to give internet access to my psp.  The problem i run into is as soon as i enable ics i lose internet connection on that computer and obviously my psp cant connect. Also my wireless network connection says its not connected but i assume that is because its not communicating with a router or anything. I got the idea that this might possibley work from this http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/adhoc.mspx#3

I dunno it seems quite complicated and confusing after i typed this out... any help would be appreciated if this is even possible to get to work. Thanks for any help in advance.

M1CH431

Hopeful
  • DuffMan!!!
    Re: Wireless connection without a wireless router
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 06:35:11 AM »
    Well Im having trouble with getting my PSP on the internet as well using my wireless router So I decided to give that tutorial a try and the PSP couldn't find it, and when you look at it in network connections it says Computer-Computer so maybe it doesnt work with the psp?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless connection without a wireless router
    « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 02:09:26 PM »
    Start by reading our networking FAQ.  Link in my signature.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos