Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WIndows 2000 Pro - Black screen after startup bar  (Read 5075 times)

av8tir

WIndows 2000 Pro - Black screen after startup bar
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:05:38 AM »
When initially turning on my computer it goes through a normal boot process. After the loading bar finishes I am expecting the WIndows screen to appear, but , it does not and the screen stays black. I've tried a different monitor and experience the same results. Help is greatly appreciated , as always. Thanks.

Nancy_O

Re: WIndows 2000 Pro - Black screen after startup
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:19:49 AM »
When did this start happening, right out of the blue or did you add some new hardware or software?  Did you try going into safe mode by either holding down the F8 key or maybe the TAB key what ever your machine uses?  See if you can get into setup just to make sure it isnt the monitor or video card.

av8tir

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:17:47 AM »
This is something that just happened. I can go into safe mode, but when I make my selection, press enter , the screen goes black.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 02:37:28 PM »
    Boot into SM & delete the video card driver / reboot

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

av8tir

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:31:15 AM »
    When I select F8 to access safe mode, I can make my selection. After I press enter the menu task bar says booting into safe mode , but then the screen goes blank.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:09:15 AM »
    What version of Windows and service pack? How long has this been loaded? What happened prior to this that might be relevant?

Have a read through these:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1152579917