Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless print server disrupting internet  (Read 3140 times)

Mastamind

Topic Starter

Rookie

Wireless print server disrupting internet
    « on: January 05, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
    I ran into a problem that I've never seen before.  The wireless print server would boot the user off of the internet.  

What I did do was ping the router to test connectivity.  That was fine.  I reinstalled the wireless print server on both laptops and printed just fine and got internet connectivity stable.  I then pinged the print server and everything was ok.  I didn't have to manually configure any IP addresses.  The print server configured itself to the network when I re-installed it.

I took an educated guess that the print server was trying to initially connect to a different network. Is that correct.  I also figured that power cycling the router then the print server would solve this problem in the future.  

Thoughts?  It was a Netgear router and print server and two toshiba celeron M processors.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless print server disrupting internet
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:29:51 AM »
    How do you know that the print server was interfering with the internet?  What were the symptoms?

Generally print servers/network printers will configure themselves through DHCP, which should avoid network clashes.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos