Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nvidia control panel?  (Read 11841 times)

Tanith

Re: Nvidia control panel?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »
Well, I thought I should update, since it's been several days...   ;D

I've been going back and forth with the techies at NCSoft (the company that makes Guild Wars), running a program called AquaMark3 at their request, and the conclusion is that I need a new video card, there is something wrong with the old one.  Perhaps this was getting ready to happen, and the driver changes pushed it over the edge?  It's an integrated video card, which means it was eating up memory anyway.

That's the bad news.  The good news is that a friend says he's going to send me a dedicated video card, which I can install in the AGP slot in my system.  So while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I'm going to learn all I can before attempting this.  I don't want any more botched jobs on my part.

My thanks, again, for everyone's help with this.  I'll be sending friends to this site when they need help.

Tanith  :)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 07:48:20 PM »
Hmmm, I believe it's rather unusual for onboard video to fail.  So, I'm glad your friend is sending you one rather you buying one, in case it does not solve the problem.  

Here's a reference on installing video cards that should be helpful: http://www.directron.com/howtovideo.html

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »
    Thanks for the feedback Tanith, I was wondering how things were going for you.
    Come back with the good news when you're up & running. :)