Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office and My Business Network  (Read 3173 times)

mreeves

MS Office and My Business Network
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »
I had absolutely no idea where to place this so please don't flame me if I'm wrong.

I am just got employed at probably the most disorganized company when it comes to computers than ever.  I'm doing everything I can to get them set up and one of these items on the agenda is to set up a system like this:

I want to install the MS Office 2003 Professional files onto the network and allow every computer on there to access it.  Then I want to have this script automatically check and make sure I have enough licenses to do this.  I already have 50 Office CDs with authenticated licenses, but I'll want to put them all into this little system and then have room to grow in the future.

Any ideas?

THANKS!
--Mike

almn

Re: MS Office and My Business Network
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 02:01:08 PM »

Wouldn't it be easier to create a script to install MS Office 2003 on all 50 machines and then put the serial number on each one of them ??

Al968
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 02:01:24 PM by almn »

mreeves

Re: MS Office and My Business Network
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »
There's a way to do some kind of Active Directory that made it real simple to add new computers to the network, make updates, etc...