Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 start up  (Read 7029 times)

Cecil

Outlook 2003 start up
« on: January 12, 2007, 06:17:21 PM »
I've just started trying to run Outlook 2003 and am stymied right at the start. When outlook comes up, I get a pop-up with the title "Connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server"  and below that it says "Your Microsoft exchange server is unavailable"

Nothing happens when I choose "Try again"
When I choose "work offline" I get a message "Unable to open your default email folders. Your profile is not configured"

I can't get past this. I would appreciate any comments, even those which put me in the dummy category.

There is another pop-up on the screen that says

"Configuring Outlook
migrating preferences
creating welcome page
imporing user data"

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Outlook 2003 start up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 07:48:17 AM »
I could be wrong but, if I recall correctly, you are asked during installation of Outlook whether you are on an Exchange server.  Does that sound familiar?  If so, how did you respond to that during installation?

Cecil

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
I don't know the answer to that but, I'll reinstall later and tell you what my response was. How should I respond?

Thanks for your reply

Cecil

Cecil

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »
I re installed and was not asked any questions. Its still doing the same thing after reinstallation.

Cecil

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 07:36:01 PM »
Are you, in fact, on an Exchange server?  If so, see this: Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable

Cecil

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:56:33 AM »
Soybean
That did it. I finally had to contact Microsoft and they led me through a fix. It was your thread that got me on the right track.

Cecil