Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card will not pick up  (Read 2112 times)

ShaneIsOwnt

Video card will not pick up
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
I just recently ordered a computer from newegg, in which i put together myself.  My problem is, when i plug my moniter up to my graphics card it says "no signal".  I have a ASUS m2n4-sli board, 7900gs g-card, amd 2.4 ghz dual core proc, 2 gigs, and a 250gb harddrive.(dont know why i said that, figured it might help) So this is the only thing holding me back on my BIOS update, so now i have a 1200 dollar comp sitting there going to waste..but on another note, would i have to find a plug and play g card, because my g-card does require a drivers update disk.  this is my first time ive built a comp. from the ground up, so ill take any tips.

Thanks for the help,.....if i left anything out that would help, please post it instead of ignoring this.
=)

GX1_Man

Re: Video card will not pick up
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:14:42 AM »
What makes you think a BIOS update is the first thing needed on a new computer?

Are you positive everything is connected correctly? I'm not, especially as this is a first time to build a system. What kind of power connector do you have for the graphics card? How many connectors are going from the PSU to the motherboard?