Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Partition logic problem  (Read 5146 times)

shanooky

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Re: Partition logic problem
    « Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
    does the xp disc show how to do it?

thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 06:29:59 AM »
    You hosed a new laptop in 2 days? The first thing you need to do is be able to reload Windows. If you boot with the Acer restore CD #1 nothing happens? If this is the case then you need to contact Acer pronto and see what to do.

I don't know why you started playing with partitioning software, but it is a bad idea for a novice and can get you just these results. Why did you think you needed such a thing? Having the two large partitions on there as when you got it is an excellent long term solution. You really don't need add on software and without a genuine XP CD you cannot partition with that restore set.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 07:26:50 AM »
    If it's 2 days old i would be exercising the Full Warranty...they don't need to know that you hosed your own system playing with powerful tools not completely understood by the user...

patio.  8-)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 07:33:41 AM »

shanooky

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
      Hi everyone, thankyou for all your help, I managed to take it back as it was only two days old, I wasnt able to do anything thing else.

thankyou once again

Shanooky